Tuesday 3 November 2015

A QUIET TIME

My last post was several months ago. We are still moored near Rugby, and both Fanny-the-Woof and I are in reasonably good shape. The only boating that we have done has been to move a couple of boats, from where they had been left, to where they ought to be.

I have had a great sadness. A long standing friend of mine was planning to retire from his work overseas, set his family up in England, and then leave them. He would then buy a boat, and he and I would then go off cruising together. Unfortunately, having set up his family in England, he died.

Since then, I have led a quiet life. There are some excellent walks that we take advantage of, and I have a monthly outing to Newbold where a musical friends appears with his guitar, and spends a few hours playing the pop songs of my youth. I still read quite a bit, not only books on 'Rosy' but also others on my Kindle. A few weeks ago I got the Morso stove going, so we are beautifully warm in 'Rosy'. I have also bought an 'Eco Flow Stove Fan'. This sits on the Morso stove, and uses the heat from the stove to operate a fan which blows the heat out into the cabin. I'm very pleased with it. When the fan stops turning, it is because the stove needs more coal. 

When I bought 'Rosy' she came armed with an Epping Range - a coal fired range with an oven and hot plates. I only used the oven and hot plates a couple of times, as I prefer to cook my food on 'Rosy's gas cooker. However, I have made such good use of the Epping (for heating), to the extent that it was beginning to fall apart. Unfortunately a new one costs some £1000 which is a lot of beer!! We have, therefore, removed the broken range, and replaced it with the very much cheaper Boatmans Stove, designed as just a warming stove, and without any twiddly bits. It's installation is not yet complete.

Toodle pip!!

Bill

4 comments:

  1. Found you again on the blogasphere, still enjoying your oatcake recipe.
    Happy New Year

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you again on the blogasphere, still enjoying your oatcake recipe.
    Happy New Year

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to here from you Richard! I've not made any oakcakes for several years, but you have nudged me into having a go - if I can remember how to do it! Am getting old and doddery, and my memory keeps failing!!

      Delete
  3. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, measles, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, bile salt disease, fol ate deficinecy, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, cholera, fatigue, muscle aches, shortness of breath, alzhemer's disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, inflammatory bowel disease, Addison's disease back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, fetal alcohol spectrum, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete