Thursday 5 March 2015

WET, DRY, COLD AND WARM (ish)

Winter continues on 'ROSY'. I won't whinge about the weather - the last few days have been a bit annoying, but generally it has been 'not bad'. Certainly Fanny the Woof and I have had our usual walkies without having to don rain-wear, though sometimes that entailed waiting for the drizell to cease. Basic food shopping is a 15 to 20 minute walk up to a Tesco, or a 40 ish minute walk up to Rugby. The staff at Willow Wren are very friendly and helpful. 

I've been sorting out the doctors and dentists, the former with the help of Veronica. I tramp up the towing path to Newbold on the first Saturday of each month, to hear Eric wield his guitar etc and sing the pop songs of my youth. He sometimes plays a song that I don't recognise, and that usually turns out to have been popular during one of my over-seas stints. I've been reading quite a bit, especially the free-to-very-low-cost books for my Kindle. I kept Mike George happy by reading his 'California or Bust' - he had hoped to find employment over there, but at the end of a year all he had was the experience, so he wrote about it.

Those of us who live on our boats generally find it necessary to have a base for mail delivery and the like. For many a long year Veronica has been doing this for me, so it  is always a pleasure when she comes over for a 'live' visit.

I've just spent a couple of days watching 'Coast'. A few years ago there was a TV series of a chap who walked round the coast of mainland Britain - England, Wales and Scotland. I have it on three 120 min DVDs, and watch it every 4 or 5 years.

Err . . . That's about it, except to say that I am slowing down, and my really adventurous cruising days are over. My 'plan' (?) now is to cruise for 2 or 3 hours and then to moor up for 2 to 3 + + + days.

That's all, folks!!

2 comments:

  1. Any more news, Bill? Are you doing OK? And Fanny the Woof?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, measles, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, bile salt disease, fol ate deficinecy, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, cholera, fatigue, muscle aches, shortness of breath, alzhemer's disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, inflammatory bowel disease, Addison's disease back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, fetal alcohol spectrum, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete