Tuesday 3 February 2015

IDLENESS

Over the last few months 'Rosy', Fanny the Woof and I have been leading a very quiet life in the Willow Wren branch (off the Oxford Canal). It takes 20 minutes to walk up to Tesco for provisions, and only 3 or 4 minutes to walk down to the juntion with the Oxford Canal and its towing path. I have had a very indolent few months, reading lots of books, visiting the nearby cinema at least once per month and walking with Fanny.

I am regularly asked 'Isn't it cold in the boat during the winter'. I have a variety of answers. No. 1. If it was cold inside I would be elsewhere.
No. 2. I have 2 coal fired units on 'Rosy'. The one up front keeps the living room warm (where I live during the day) and the one at the backwarms up the place where I sleep.
No 3. Yes, it is cold in the boat, but I find that a coal fire eradicates the problem.
No 4. I did not realise that I look stupid enough to spend entire the winter freezing to death.

There are some great advantages in being moored up on 'proper' winter moorings. Most importantly, I do not have to run the engine for 30 to 40 minutes each morning and evening to charge up the batteries. I also take the opportunity to cram all of the 'professional' visits into the winter break, leaving the rest of the year available for cruising. Hence my diary covers dentists, doctors and other such ne'er do wells! It is also useful to be able to tap-in to the boaty engineers, who can put to rights the occasional tweaks that 'Rosy' requires.

Right. That's all folks!!

Toodle pip!!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! It's a relief to see a new blog from you. I'd been getting concerned about your silence, and am very glad that you are still alive and kicking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a great herbal doctor who cured me of Hepatitis B. his name is Dr. Imoloa. I suffered Hepatitis B for 11 years, I was very weak with pains all over my body my stomach was swollen and I could hardly eat. And one day my brother came with a herbal medicine from doctor Imoloa and asked me to drink and I drank hence there was no hope, and behold after 2 week of taking the medicine, I started feeling relief, my swollen stomach started shrinking down and the pains was gone. I became normal after the completion of the medication, I went to the hospital and I was tested negative which means I’m cured. He can also cure the following diseases with his herbal medicine...lupus, hay fever, measles, dry cough, diabetics hepatitis A.B.C, mouth ulcer, mouth cancer, bile salt disease, fol ate deficinecy, diarrhoea, liver/kidney inflammatory, eye cancer, skin cancer disease, malaria, chronic kidney disease, high blood pressure, food poisoning, parkinson disease, bowel cancer, bone cancer, brain tumours, asthma, arthritis, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, lyme disease, muscle aches, cholera, fatigue, muscle aches, shortness of breath, alzhemer's disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, acute pancreatitis, chronic inflammatory joint disease, inflammatory bowel disease, Addison's disease back acne, breast cancer, allergic bronchitis, Celia disease, bulimia, congenital heart disease, cirrhosis, fetal alcohol spectrum, constipation, fungal nail infection, fabromyalgia, (love spell) and many more. he is a great herbalist man. Contact him on email; drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. You can also reach him on whatssap- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete